Welcome to the Warren Zevon Wiki
The wiki about Warren Zevon that anyone can edit
Contents (view all pages)
What's new on Warren Zevon Wiki
- October 8, 2010
- We apologize for the late update of this month's featured media as the moderators were ill, under the (dental) knife, or otherwise engaged.
- May 3, 2010
- The Warren Zevon Wiki celebrates a full year of featured content each month. We the moderators apologize for being a few days off this month.
- January 20, 2010
- Inspired by our January featured image, and the moderators' similar work on the Blood Wiki, we are uploading fan artwork (largely from deviantART) to help illustrate the wiki and recognize the work of the fans.
- December 28, 2009
- The Warren Zevon Wiki now has a new logo, created by Malcolm Wilson.
- November 28, 2009
- As of its first anniversary, the Warren Zevon Wiki now has 100 articles.
- August 7, 2009
- The Warren Zevon Wiki welcomes User:Doom Reverb!
- May 1, 2009
- The Warren Zevon Wiki now has a monthly updated (if at all possible) featured article, image, and quote.
- April 26, 2009
- The Warren Zevon Wiki now has an offical logo.
- April 25, 2009
- User:Technopeasant and User:Roland The Headless Thompson Gunner now have administrative powers.
- March 29, 2009
- The Warren Zevon Wiki now has 50 articles!
- November 28, 2008
- The Warren Zevon Wiki is now open to editors!
To write a new article, just enter the article title in the box below.
- Not sure where to start?
- Find out more about the wiki on the About page.
- If you are new to wikis, check out the tutorial, and see Help:Contents.
- Check out Help:Starting this wiki if you're setting up the wiki.
- Adding content
- Every wiki has two list of articles that need help called "Stubs" and "Wanted Articles". Don't be shy, get in there.
- Uploading images is another really easy way to help out - see the Special:Upload page!
- You can find a list of useful templates on Category:Templates, some of which are documented on the templates project page.
- Talk and more...
"Monkey Wash Donkey Rinse" is a song by American singer/songwriter Warren Zevon from the 1995 album Mutineer. The song describes the singer getting ready to visit a débutantes ball in hell. Alongside Warren's other song Porcelain Monkey, Monkey Wash Donkey Rinse was included in the Austin Chronicles article "Monkeying Around". In the article, Melanie Haupt described the song by saying "As a religious icon, the monkey represents the devil and a whole slew of vices..."
"I wondered why popular music was so square. Because I had been reading Norman Mailer from the time I was 12 years old. I don't think it occurred to me that I was trying to make some kind of breakthrough in the popular song. It seemed to me then, and it seems to me now that, for the most part, there were some kind of restrictions on the subject matter of songs. And it was quite the opposite in every other art form."