The First Sessions is a compilation album of Warren Zevon's early works from the 1960s released in 2003. It contains tracks recorded while Zevon was in lyme & cybelle and many other tracks created before Wanted Dead or Alive, as well as an early demo for "A Bullet for Ramona". The album also includes two lyme & cybelle songs from after Wayne Erwin replaced Zevon as lyme.
- "Follow Me" - lyme & cybelle
- "Like the Seasons" - lyme & cybelle for The Turtles
- "I've Just Seen a Face" [Demo Version] - lyme & cybelle from The Beatles
- "Peeping and Hiding" [Harmonica Version] - lyme & cybelle from Jimmy Reed
- "If You Gotta Go, Go Now" - lyme & cybelle from Bob Dylan
- "I'll Go On" - lyme & cybelle
- "Follow Me [Demo Version] - lyme & cybelle
- "(You Used To) Ride So High" [Demo Version] - The Motorcycle Abeline (Zevon and Bones Howe)
- "Outside Chance" [Demo Version] - Warren Zevon for The Turtles
- "I See the Lights" [Demo Version] - Warren Zevon
- "And If I Had You" [Demo Version] - Warren Zevon
- "A Bullet for Ramona" [Demo Version] - Warren Zevon
- "Song 7" - lyme & cybelle (Wayne Erwin vocals)
- "Write If You Get Work" - lyme & cybelle (Wayne Erwin vocals)
- Warren Zevon - vocals, guitar, bass
- Bob Thompson - conductor
- Tommy Tedesco - guitar
- Dennis Budimir - guitar
- Lenny Malarsky - violin
- Joe DiFiore - viola
- Joe Saxon - cello
- Jessie Erlich - cello
- Ollie Mitchell - trumpet
- Jules Chaiken - trumpet
- Dick Leith - trombone
- Lou Blackburn - trombone
- Larry Knechtel - piano, organ
- Lyle Ritz - bass
- Bones Howe - drums, percussion
- Toxie French - drums
- Michelle O'Malley - background vocals
- Sandy Salisbury - background vocals
- Violet Santangelo - vocals
- Wayne Erwin - vocals
Producers: Bones Howe, Warren Zevon, Curt Boettcher.
Compilation producers: Cary E. Mansfield, Bones Howe.
Principally recorded in 1966. Includes liner notes by Dawn Eden.
Liner Note Author: Dawn Eden.
Photographer: Laura Kenyon (Violet Santangelo)
<< Genius: The Best of Warren Zevon | Reconsider Me: The Love Songs >>